Thursday, October 18, 2012

Festival - Jidai Matsuri

Photobucket

Here comes Jidai-Matsuri Festival.  This is an anual festival which is held Oct 22nd of every year by Heian Shrine. The huge parade starts from Kyoto Imperial palace and march to Heian shrine. You can see so many people dressing as whole variety of Japanese traditional costumes.  Jidai Matsuri means "Festival of Age." The parade is divided by each groups depends on their represented Age/era.

For more info: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3960.html

Ask me if you would like to see this Festival on coming Oct. 22nd 2012. I will be working at Capsule Ryokan.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Goal!

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    It's Jérome who sleeps at capsule ryokan until 24th october. I really like your blog. I would like to visit the food market. And I choose to come at this date to watch the matsuri on 22nd october. Do you think I also could go to the fire matsuri on the evening of the 22nd? Because at Kyoto TIC they told me it was not for foreigners. See you tomorrow, Jérôme. Mail. : jeromehenry1972@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete